Senior Software QA Engineer
VUI, Inc. is a startup based in Boston, MA and Trento, IT. Our team is revolutionizing how people communicate with digital interfaces through AI and machine-learning powered conversational systems. Our voice assistant enables businesses to connect with consumers in an unprecedented way. Join us to help shape the future of voice-enabled customer experience.
As Senior Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing voice and web applications from beginning to end prior to release. This role is responsible for translating application specifications and developing and executing test plans to verify compliance to specifications and quality standards, providing project plan inputs, and supporting client testing as required. This position is hands-on, requires minimal supervision, and requires the ability to resolve ambiguity and make independent decisions. You will work closely with team members to promote and emphasize quality throughout the entire SDLC.
In this role you will:
- Define, implement and execute test plans for product/system and end-to-end testing.
- Support software QA test planning and testing across full lifecycle of application development, including planning, development, implementation, and maintenance. Perform testing in close collaboration with developers concurrent with development and in an agile manner.
- Perform incremental release testing.
- Perform regression and negative testing.
- Review QA processes, techniques, and practices for potential improvements.
- Mentor entry and intermediate level QA staff.
- Complete required documentation of Client Solution test plans, test results, and quality assessment.
- Triage and support client applications as needed.
- Develop reusable compliance and load testing tools that target a wide variety of standards and network protocols relevant to speech processing. These include (among others) HTTP, REST, WebSocket, gRPC, SSML, and VXML.
- Develop and perform white box testing from application code and design specifications.
- Develop scripts and terminal commands that help with testing.
- Write queries necessary for database testing.
- Interview and evaluate technical candidates for the Quality Assurance team.
- Ability to make real impact for enterprises seeking voice first innovation
- A highly experienced and dynamic start up team
- A fast-paced, exciting, collaborative, and rewarding environment working with customers in a number of industries
- Significant opportunity to grow and succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience testing/developing cloud-based applications
- Understanding of cloud computing and distributed systems (AWS and Docker a plus)
- Familiarity with microservices and API contract testing
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to successfully communicate with distributed development and test teams
- Good understanding of software QA testing tools, process and test case management
- Experience testing Contact Center-related products and technology
- Voice application software QA experience
- Familiarity with networking and databases
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com